WildEscape is a group of holiday houses/bungalows situated in the southern part of Sri Lanka between Kataragama and Buttala, amidst natural landscapes giving you access to a typical farmer’s daily life. Sri Lanka’s famous river, the gushing Menik River flows adjacent to the property which is the main highlight of the property.
Accommodation at WildEscape:
WildEscape consists of 5 rooms that are spacious, beautifully decorated, and contains the most comfortable furniture and fittings. The following are the room types we have:
1. Cosy Double Room
2. Long Room – (Triple, A/C)
3. Family River Room – (Quadruple)
4. The Bungalow – 2 A/C Rooms (2 Double or 2 Triples)
The large bungalow contains two very spacious connecting rooms with attached toilets and a very large living area overlooking the Menik River.
There is a separate Large Chalet which can accommodate up to 3 persons and another chalet with a double room with an attached toilet enjoys completely separate large living room with comfortable sofa and dining table suitable for 8 pax.
There is also a Junior Suite Chalet (approx. 55 Sq. Meters) with an attached toilet and sitting & living area overlooking the river.
WildEscape owns 2 wooden living decks by the river where you can sit and watch the Menik River flows and relax. Also, we have our own vegetable cultivation whose products we use for cooking for our guests.
Bicycles are available free to have a pleasant excursion to ride through the village. If requested, you will be escorted to visit a farmer’s house to experience their daily living and to have a cup of tea with Sri Lankan sweets.
Facilities at WildEscape:
- River view/Garden view
- 2 Relaxing decks by the river
- Outdoor Dining for BBQs
- Indoor Dining
- Air Conditioned (4 rooms)
- Hot water (4 rooms)
- Attached large toilets
- Comfortable Living Lounge and TV
- Rice and Curry cooking class on request
- Village tour on request
Your Privacy is Guaranteed at WildEscape:
This fertile 5 Arce cultivated land is an ideal location for private and family get-togethers as privacy could be GUARANTEED. The WildEscape is surrounded by Chena cultivations and will be a unique opportunity to experience rural life from a comfortable and enjoyable location.
You could either take a bicycle ride or trek through the vegetable gardens, lakes, and paddy fields to explore the surroundings. We are extremely flexible and could cater to your individual needs.
- Maximum 3 hours through Mattala Highway.
- 10 mins drive to Yala Block 4 & 5
- 30 mins drive to Kataragama
- Ideal for Social Distancing
- Game Drive to Yala National park (Block 4 Galge Entrance)
- Dematamal Viharaya
- Buduruwagala Temple
- Kataragama Temple
- Habessa Temple
- Budugallena Forest Monastery
- Rahathankanda forest hermitage
- Yudaganawa Temple and Tank
- Pelwatte Sugar Factory visit
- Katugahagalge Temple and ruins
- Dambegoda Statue
- Galabedda Biso Pokuna